Welcome to The REVIVAL Zine
• Feminist Publication & Community •
• HQ at UC Davis • Led by College Students •
As an intersectional feminist organization, REVIVAL encourages women, as well as all underrepresented students, to broaden their perspectives, share their thoughts, and use their voices. Not only do we empower feminists to share inclusive opinions regarding current events or social, political, cultural, and activist issues, but we also strive to give everyone the opportunity and community to express themselves while discussing their unique experiences.
Developed with support from the University of California National Center for Free Speech and Civic Engagement.
- The Indian WomanThey judge a woman who chooses to prioritize herself because her worth is somehow measured by how much she sacrifices for others. They think of her as intimidating and scary because she is “too strong” or “too rebellious”. In reality, she just wants to live for herself and not give in to unreasonable judgement. So if someone says you’re intimidating even though you’re just being yourself, it means you’re doing it right.
- The Broadway Community Vs. Scott RudinAlthough I always knew Broadway wasn’t all fun and games, I never could have imagined the truth of what has been going on in the wings.
- The Trouble With TryingWe can preach self-acceptance all we want, but every time we label one choice as “effort,” we’re labeling everyone who makes a different choice lazy, or careless. The decisions one makes with one’s appearance should be intrinsically motivated, because the activity brings genuine joy and fulfillment, not to prove our characters.
Want to submit a creative work for publication?
We publish all inclusive submissions that align with our values.